[Discussion] Xnet mod.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by gekkoman1985, Mar 1, 2018.

1. gekkoman1985

gekkoman1985 Eclipse Eclipse

Recently a friend of mine who I not going to name had his xnet controller broken as it was causing lag on revelation's. As I have a similar set up to his I have a few question about it.

First and most important of all is it ok to use it for the processing and smelting of the ore from void ore miners even with the use of off line chunk loaders.

care was taken to ensure both me and my friend had chest as a buffer incase of an issues during the offline times.as far as I am aware there is no way of turning of the controller with out turning of individual programs in side it if there is an issue with it whilst the player is off line .breaking the controller also removes the information in the controller witch is not only time consuming but also not easy to get running right.

Breaking of the cable connected to Xnet controller will not only stop all processes but will preserve the player programing in the controller till he or she is able to rectify the issue.

apart from using applied energetics is there any way of processing ore if there is a problem with lag being caused but xnet its self. as there is no way to keep a few stacks of pulverised ore for alloys that need to be made using ME systems.

2. ZeppelinCoyote

ZeppelinCoyote Eclipse Eclipse

Furry
    Realistically, you should be able to set up your xnet controller and everything. The only time we will break a block is if that one block begins to cause issues on the server(Modded Minecraft has some really weird issues with this, sometimes lag can even be caused by blocks like ladders). The removing of the cables would very likely work, and we will take that into consideration.

So, feel free to set up your system how you'd like, we will alert you if its causing issues - and honestly, if you ask a staff member, we would be more than happy to help you make a setup that works well, and isn't too laggy :)

3. KlutzyBubbles

KlutzyBubbles Spectre Spectre

I was yesterday unfortunately a victim to my xnet controller (which took hours upon hours to test and setup) broken instead of the cable attached, i was given no warning no message telling me what was wrong other than 'it was causing issues' along with a quote from when i accidentally crashed a server before.

i have moved on from it because honestly its good to try new stuff anyway but in that instance gekko and i were not impressed that a staff member had just undon hours of work without thinking or considering the impact of them breaking that block would be to the members, i believe gekko made the argument that we are also heavy donators and should atleast be brought into the loop of whats going wrong with our machines before they are obliterated