[Suggestion] "Wanteds"

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Feaelin, Aug 21, 2017.

1. Feaelin

Feaelin Member Member

I was seeing folks ask if someone had _____ to sell and thought it might be handy to have either a plugin/mod that has a mechanism for posting listings of something you'd like to buy and/or space on the forum for "I'd like to buy or trade for X!"

2. NotTooSlick

NotTooSlick SrAdmin Staff Member SrAdmin

That would be a good idea, but we have an in game market instead. Whether people use it or not is not our problem, we did our part by implementing it. Adding something like that on the forum will cause confusion considering we have different servers. The in game market automatically only shows what is up for sale on your specific server and that is much more convinent. If people used the market more often less people would say they needed/wanted an item.

3. Feaelin

Feaelin Member Member

The in game market does not have the feature I'm suggesting. Ideally, the feature would be in game.

I think because of how resource acquisition works in Minecraft, that folks are unlikely to put stuff up for sale, it lends itself to keeping everything. Especially on heavily modded servers, the sheer number of things is a deterrent to identifying "something I don't want but someone might buy"

So if instead there was a mechanism for posting that you're interested in buying something, that gives someone else an opportunity to respond to something specific.

MainFreak1 likes this.
  4. Feaelin

Feaelin Member Member

However, I'm aware it can be difficult to get the feature added to the mod or plugin, so I see creating a forum for it as a stopgap measure. Multiple servers can easily be overcome by having subforums for each server.

MainFreak1 likes this.
  5. NotTooSlick

NotTooSlick SrAdmin Staff Member SrAdmin

True, but this would also ruin progression for packs. People will just ask for a gated item that would also 1) cause pointless spam of unrealistic items being requested and 2) complaints that the system doesn't work when no one is willing to trade for said items. This entire process would just cause extra moderating and extra stress for staff when the same thing goes on but better and more organized in game.