[Discussion] Top Voter Not Recorded In Proper?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JAYROCK_12, Jan 5, 2018.

1. JAYROCK_12

JAYROCK_12 Member Member

I don't have much knowledge on the voting system for the server and sorry if my sentences is wrong or weird (Bad English).

I've been voting for the server from the start of this month, all three voting site each up till now and so far I've only seen my character appear in the Top Voter site once that is yesterday (12 votes in total). So far, I noticed that the voting site for vanilla server is using a different timezone (EST) from the other two. However, I still voted for total of 15 votes up till now but my character is not appearing on the Top Voter site after voting for all three sites and Top Voter's voting amount at that time is 15, 15 and 14 respectively, so I thought my character would show up at the third Top Voter after voting for all three sites.

I've also noticed the total voting numbers listed in the Top Voter site seems to be incorrect. Either there is another voting site that is not listed or there is error within the system. I found out that there is one character's name (de4ek) that is showing up in Top Voter on Shadownode even that the person is not recorded as Top Voter in the vanilla server voting site (The only voting site that shows number of vote).

Attached Files:

2. YourMCGeek

YourMCGeek Developer Staff Member Developer Eclipse

Well, there's three sites to vote on. They voted on each site for 5 days.

3 x 5 = 15.

15 is their total number of votes, thus giving them the top voter position.

3. JAYROCK_12

JAYROCK_12 Member Member

From what I just see on the Top Voter site and vanilla server voting site (Only voting site that shows number of votes) Two players made their 5th vote not long ago, and the the name of Top Voter switched to their name, replacing names that voted 15 times randomly with the recent one. However de4ek's name is still not shown in the Top Voter of vanilla voting site where the lowest vote shown is 4, meaning that the maximum number of vote he could've done is
    2 x 5 =10 on two modded voting sites
    and 10 + 4 = 14 (4 on vanilla site as his name is not shown in the Top Voter list in vanilla server)
    Yet, his name appear on Shadownode's voting site as 15 votes. (As shown in the picture)

4. YourMCGeek

YourMCGeek Developer Staff Member Developer Eclipse

Hmm oh. im unsure then

5. Endercorps_Alpha

Endercorps_Alpha SrAdmin Staff Member SrAdmin

Eldritch Continuum weaver
    Bear in mind that we don't do top voters for specific servers, Just for the whole network - So you're competing with all players for these games, which is likely why you aren't showing up. It also reads the votes taken from all sites starting on the first of the month

6. Endercorps_Alpha

Also a side note, We've been talking about adding vote trains so if people vote en masse then they get slightly boosted rewards (Doesn't apply here rn, but something incoming in the future)

7. JAYROCK_12

JAYROCK_12 Member Member

Is the votes taken just from the three voting sites listed in Shadownode's Top Voter Page? As the total votes specifically for the vanilla voting site is recorded and somehow incorrect if added up with the modded voting site (assuming as full vote up till now that is 5 votes on each site) that will be 14 in total for the player's name de4ek's vote not recorded on the top voting list of vanilla voting site where lowest number recorded is 4. and compared with the one recorded on Shadownode with a total of 15 votes for this player.

8. JAYROCK_12

JAYROCK_12 Member Member

I'm sorry I think I've mistakenly consider Minecraft MP site as vanilla, as it is written MinecraftMultiplayer. However the number still seems to be inaccurate.

9. Endercorps_Alpha

You're first assuming that we're hooking into the API for the site directly and relying on the fact that It's counting is perfect. It's not. What we do is once the vote confirms and displays on the server (Sometimes it doesn't to reduce chat spam) our site counts that event, Not the counter on the vanilla site. Secondly. You're assuming that the time zone of the vote site and our site are the same. So if someone votes in that window on the vanilla site for example and we've turned over to the new month as it does at midnight it'll register as a vote in the new month, Which it may well already be for them. The lesson here is that you're not supposed to take the votes at face value on the voting sites themselves as you're expecting the time zones to be identical.

10. JAYROCK_12

JAYROCK_12 Member Member

So there is possibility vote of not being counted on the Shadownode site as well?

Does that means that it is possible to vote on the last day of the month on the vanilla voting site and count as a new month on Shadownnode, meaning that the user will sacrifice one vote from previous month and bring it into new month as a headstart for that particular month unless the user did the same thing on the upcoming month?

Sorry if I'm rephrasing the message again, just want to be sure about it.

11. Endercorps_Alpha

Technically speaking. You won't be sacrificing a vote from the previous month, since as far as the server is concerned it's the new month. We run off Mountain time I believe. - Additionally, You don't need to copy and paste everything I say into your own posts.

YourMCGeek likes this.