[Suggestion] Suggestion for DW20 A and B

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Princesstress, Jan 30, 2018.

?

Would the removal of rain on the server effect your game play in a negative way?

1. yes

66.7%
  2. no

33.3%
  1. Princesstress

Princesstress Member Member

SO, I am no coder and I have no idea of what is possible inside of pre determined mod settings, but I am aware of what lag is and some things that cause it. Such as rain on a multiplayer server! If there is an option to disable rain permanently on the server without effecting other aspects of the game too badly then that sounds like an awesome idea to do. Especially when the server has soo many people on it that it is virtually impossible to ever sleep through a night. I'm aware of a basic vanilla aspect of the game that causes it to rain more frequently the longer you don't sleep through a night, so I'm sure you can see where this would be an issue on a server this large!

2. YourMCGeek

YourMCGeek Helper Staff Member Helper Eclipse

Lots of in game mechanics require rain to happen, I really don't see this suggestion happening. Apologies.

3. Endercorps_Alpha

Endercorps_Alpha SrAdmin Staff Member SrAdmin

Eldritch Continuum weaver
    I would heavily advise that you look into how servers for the game actually work and what's worse for what where. Since Rain doesn't affect the server in the slightest - This is because it's rendered purely client side so only affects your Client's FPS (Frames per second) And not the server TPS (Ticks per second)

4. 99Pancakez

99Pancakez Member Member

Just get optifine, I know there is some setting to turn off rain (client side) :p