[Closed] INTERACTIONS WIPE

Discussion in 'General Support' started by phlargh, Apr 15, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. phlargh

phlargh Member Member

Well,

I just logged back into Interactions and since most of my stuff was in the overworld I have lost just about everything. A couple of days notice to move everything back to the void world would have been nice. You now... put it in the MotD for the server. Pretty easy. I've donated quite a bit of money to your server and pulling this doesn't show the slightest bit of respect to your contributing players. My game is literally in an unplayable state now. There arent even that many active players. You could have notified us. Anyway, I'm out. I feel like I wasted both my time and my money. I won't be wasting any more of it. Cheers.

P

2. ShadowsKitten

ShadowsKitten Wraith Staff Member Wraith

Hello,

We let everyone know last night we'd have to reset the overworld on Interactions because the seed of the world was changing every restart. This led to major map corruption making the map unusable for new players.

With early access servers we always make it clear it's a beta test and we may have to reset maps or make major changes it's part of the testing process. That being said while we did let people know that the reset was going to happen last night we weren't able to give people all that much time to move things before the public release today. So we are happy to refund a large majority of this stuff if people would like as long as they make a support ticket on the discord with a list of things they lost.

Thanks.

3. phlargh

phlargh Member Member

Mostly It's the transmutation table. Would also be nice to not have to make my philospher's stone again. The rest of the stuff can be rebuilt. I was on for quite a while today; it would have been nice for someone to tell me that there was a wipe happening. I could have easily moved everything had I known.

P

4. ShadowsKitten

We tried to notify as many people as possible last night and this morning however not everyone pays attention to Discord. Even so we are going to be making update announcements today and I wanted to condense them as much as possible to not ping thousands of people multiple times.

But I'm sure we can easily refund things for you if you make us a list and while we prefer Discord support tickets since they are more instant for these kind of things you can do so here as well.

5. phlargh

phlargh Member Member

Thanks. Fortunately I hadn't progressed all that far. And if it fixes the worldgen I'm all for the wipe. You should have in game announcements about wipes though. Everyone sees those.

P

6. ShadowsKitten

Absolutely, we only avoided the announcement since people get rather upset if we do @everyone pings multiple time's a day as that's over 2500 people getting pinged all at once.

7. discotyme

discotyme Admin Staff Member SrAdmin

Just like Shadow mentioned earlier, I would be happy to load up the pack tomorrow and refund you anything you may have lost due to the wipe. A list would be very nice to have though if you want me to do this.

8. phlargh

phlargh Member Member

I raised a ticket on discord. There was only a few things that I really needed. It's been taken care of already. It just bothered me that I wasn't notified about the wipe. I was on the server most of the morning the day it was wiped and noone said anything. ONE day notice would have been enough. Anyway, it's been resolved and you can close this ticket. Thanks.

P

9. discotyme

discotyme Admin Staff Member SrAdmin

Alright, have a wonderful rest of your day!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.