[Closed] Appeal for Twilight close on ATM3

Discussion in 'General Support' started by Noctic, Jan 29, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Noctic

Noctic Member Member

Hi, I am new here and am sorry if this is not the right place to add this. Today on ATM3, the TPS was so low it was not realistically playable. It all seem to start when one of the players went into the Twilight Forest. I realize the Twilight can be fun but it is really not necessary to game play and always kills servers due to it's massive entity counts. We find that even when people leave the dimension, it continues to cripple the server TPS until a restart. This is all well documented issues and the dev himself mentioned it is more for single player. I was wondering if you would consider not allowing it to be visited. Of course, if a majority are opposed I understand but there was no admin or mod staff answering the calls for help so I figured I would appeal to you here. Thanks for the time.

2. ZeppelinCoyote

ZeppelinCoyote Admin Staff Member Admin

Furry
    The issue with disabling the Twilight Forest dimension is that it is such a big mod, and removing that removes tons of its functionality. We would have an uproar if we did that :(

Not to mention, ATM3, is quite unstable(Especially because it runs on 1.12), with or without Twilight Forest, so removing it likely wouldn't help as much as you think.

TLDR, I can propose it to the higher ups, but I wouldn't expect much, just because of how much it would break the gameplay, and how little it would actually help

3. Noctic

Noctic Member Member

I figured when I wrote this that it would fall on deaf ears. It is fine and I do understand. The issue though is it can be literally the mostest bestest amazing time to play in the Twilight Forest but if the server runs at 1 TPS, who is having fun? It is just frustrating. I really do appreciate you taking the time to reply. Again, I pretty much knew it was only wishful thinking. I run a big community with multiple servers and this is my "get away from that and just remember how much fun Minecraft is", home, so if I have to deal with a little lag, then so be it. You all do a great job. Thanks for everything you do.

4. Endercorps_Alpha

Endercorps_Alpha SrAdmin Staff Member SrAdmin

Eldritch Continuum weaver
    It's worth noting that when ATM3 came out with the twilight, It didn't actually cause issues - Along with this, We've been actively working with the developers of the twilight to work out the kinks.

5. Noctic

Noctic Member Member

You are the best. Thanks so much!

6. ZeppelinCoyote

ZeppelinCoyote Admin Staff Member Admin

Furry
    Happy we could be of some consolation :) I'm gonna go ahead and mark the thread as closed. Feel free to tag me in the discord @ZeppelinCoyote, if you have any other questions or concerns!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.