[Suggestion] Add a new subcategory for the forum

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Buzz1971, Oct 12, 2017.

1. Buzz1971

Buzz1971 Member Member

Would like to see if someone would like to start a subcategory in this forum for how to's
    things like how to craft this or that, What items are needed to do this or that and is it allowed on the server, how to correctly use the items.

The reason for this request is simple I spend an awefull lot of time searching for my answers on "how to's " as I am a newbie YouTube and general searches and ask alot of questions in server game chat it is time consuming for both the player giving the information and the player receiving the information. In addition to the search for how to craft this or that there is the how to use it correctly.

Example: I was searching for a mining machine that uses RF as power I got no response in game chat so I YouTube it Direwolf20 showed me the block builder in a tutorial it uses RF and can collect ores and other resources it can do much more than this but I pretty much ATM only need it for mining well it was brought to my attention that I could not use it in the overworld as it was filling in where it was mining with dirt and it filled in a large section of water not sure why that happened where it did as I did not set cords for the card in that location. So a few things there 1 I did not know what I was doing, 2 I did not know how to do what I was wanting to do correctly. If I had a section in here to search for the correct way to use and correct machine to build if any then I would not have created such a mess.

This is just a thought maybe someone else has ran across the same situation like me I am sure they do as I see an awefull lot of players asking question about how to's just like me.

2. NotTooSlick

NotTooSlick SrAdvisor Staff Member SrAdvisor

That could be a good idea, but as for crafting recipes jei is there for that there is no need to explain how to craft things. And for your issue with the builder builders with a normal shape card places dirty where it breaks, the clearing quarry keeps it broken but it is banned. Also please keep builders out of the overworld. I may make some wiki with general info but problem with that is there is just too much to explain and so much for the player to look through (not pushing it off might happen, but not likely).

Buzz1971 likes this.
  3. Nightbringer

Nightbringer Admin Staff Member SrAdmin

fchghj;iklgytrhdcfjkikojuhgyjtfhvgbhyxderxrfghfct
    fcvgbhjnk,iuhygtfvgbhjniouhygtfvgybhunjikoiuhgy
    Hello there,
    I understand the idea of making a forum thread about it, but I think that the best way to get info/help is to either go in the support chat channel in discord (when you need help with something) or the general discord/general minecraft discord chat (for anything else) and you can be sure a staff member will see it and respond asap ;)
    (Btw, check out the Void Ore miner, I think that's in dire)

Edit : Didnt see slick's post

Buzz1971 likes this.
  4. Buzz1971

Buzz1971 Member Member

I agree with too much info to be explained as for the jei maybe an spot for how to use that would be good. I for one have a little trouble using it to find things I'm such a newbie lol
    I have used the discord also for my questions it has been useful is the Void ore miner not banned in the overworld? if not I will definitely look into it.

Thank you both for your prompt replies

5. NotTooSlick

NotTooSlick SrAdvisor Staff Member SrAdvisor

The void miner is not in dire I don’t think, but no it’s not banned in the overworld as it uses the void to make blocks, doesn’t mine anything.